Monday, August 29, 2011

Aren’t they cute!?!?!?



I am extremely lucky I live right down the street from a wonderful Farmers Market that I frequent often, from its opening in April until pumpkin season in November. I love picking out potatoes that still have the dirt on them, and the oh so delicious butter sweet corn, that grows 1/2 mile down the road from my house in their corn patch. I love going without much of a plan to see whats good that day, and when we pulled up these were right up front.  OK so I’ll admit it, half of the reason I got these at the Farmers Market was there cute factor. I couldn’t help myself, I was sent for veggies and veggies I bought. Just real cute ones so much so that I almost didn’t want to cook them up.  I did and they were delicious! They look great and grilled up nicely. These are great simply dressed with salt, pepper and some olive.

  • Green Zucchini
  • Yellow Squash
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper 

  • Slice veggies in 1/4 thick slices, salt both sides to remove some of the moisture. 
  • Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper, adding a pinch more salt
  • Grill over medium high flame for about 4-5 minutes or until grill marks appear and Zucchini gets slightly limp.






I served these with the Lime Marinated Shrimp


 Eat and Enjoy !!!

3 comments:

April said...

This is my favorite way to enjoy squash-- when it's fresh from the farm it's always best to keep it simple.

Elle said...

Hi Sharon! It's me, Elle, from Elle's New England Kitchen. You won the Hood Cook-Off Giveaway! I need to hear from you by Monday, though, or I'll have to choose another winner. Hope to hear from you!

camelia said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

petitchef.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails