Living so close to Boston and the ocean this is a very popular dish on many restaurant menus around us. The recipe uses cod fish which for some reason we call scrod. I guess they say scrod is a young cod fish... Either way it is a white flaky fish with a slight sweetness to it. It also happens to be a favorite at our house, sometimes we even stuff it with some crab meat and serve it with a creamy lobster sauce. For this recipe we did a simple cracker crumb topping, with a butter and lemon marinade.
- 2 lbs Cod Fillets, sliced in half
- 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 sleeve Ritz Butter Crackers, crushed to make crumbs
- Take the butter and melt it in a microwave safe bowl and pour half of it over the fish than salt and pepper fillets
- Take the rest of the butter and add the the cracker crumbs, place the fillets on the broil pan, than cover with the cracker crumbs squeezing 1 lemon over the fish
- Bake for 15-25 minutes*** or until fish flakes nicely
- Serve with lemon wedges
**** If crackers are starting to brown too much than cover loosely with foil and continue to bake
Eat and Enjoy!!!