This is another one of those recpes that once I make it I ask my hubby why I don't make it at least once a week. Ahhhh just another one to add to the rotation, which makes me think I need to make a master rotation list so that when I am in a dinner slump I can look at the list and bam Dinner Idea!! Sounds simple enough to do but its sticking with it that's the tough part. Not that I am admitting to starting things and not finishing them.. no not me (cough, cough) like this blog for instance. We are talking about a list, ya know keep it with all the recipes that need to be files away, oh wait there I go again not finishing things bahahaha..
Pesto Crusted Fish
Preheat oven to 500
- 2 Cod filets, or other white flaky fish
- 1 small container Pesto, or fresh if ya have it, I did not....
- Bread crumbs, why no measurement well you'll see
- 2 tbsp Butter (YUMMMM) cut up
- Sprinkle fish with pepper no salt I find the pesto salty enough if you think it needs it then sprinkle with salt too
- Now this is when it gets tricky.... The pesto to breadcrumb ratio is really a personal one I think. If you love pesto then I would say use the whole container... if you are unsure then start with 3-4 tbsps of the pesto and about 2-3 tbsp breadcrumbs and continue until you get a stiff consistency that tastes good for you, now gently place enough mixture on top to form a nice thick crust. We love pesto so I usually use a lot of pesto : )
- Place your butter in the baking dish and put in the oven to melt, once melted place your fish on top and bake for about 15 minutes or until flakes with a fork.