Monday, October 12, 2009

So many recipes.... Spaghetti Pie it is.....


Before I get to the Spaghetti Pie, I wanted to share this lovely award that I received the other day from

Simply Food

This is a great blog that all of you should check out!!!

Thank you so much for this thoughtful award!!!

Ok now on to recipes. As most of you do, I have a lot of cookbooks. I also have a lot of food magazines, I love getting new recipes, new ideas and new kitchen tips. If you ask my husband he'll tell you I hoard them, all lies...... See if I read thru a food magazine and there are a lot of recipes I like in it then I keep it, and thus the piles of mags all over the house. So this weekend I decided to tackle those piles and finally get rid of some of those magazines. The recipes I really liked and were actually going to make, I kept. There are always those recipes that look great but come on are you really going to make it???? So once they were out of the mags, I did a once over and weeded out the ones I knew I wouldn't end up making. The rest I separated into categories, then sliped them into plastic sleeves and filed in a binder.

And after all of that I was too exhausted to As usual I couldn't find one that suited my liking exactly so I decided to wing it and go with what I had in the fridge and what me and the hubby like.

So here is Shosh's version of Spaghetti Pie1




  • 1/2-1 lb leftover spaghetti
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1/2 c Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 a zucchini, sliced in half moons
  • 1/2 onion, sliced
  • 3/4 jar spaghetti sauce or fresh if you have it
  • 3/4 c sour cream
  • 1/2 package cream cheese
  • 1 1/2 c shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees



  • Mix egg and Parmesan cheese with spaghetti and layer in the bottom of a greased pie plate bake it for 10 minutes to set the pasta.
  • Brown ground beef in skillet, drain fat. Add salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, add onion and zucchini and cook until translucent 5-7 minutes
  • Pour spaghetti sauce into skillet and heat through, meanwhile in a separate bowl mix sour cream, cream cheese, and 1/2 of the cheese and warm in the microwave for 30 seconds (easier to spread)
  • Take out of oven and spread the cheese mixture, then the ground beef sauce mixture and top with the rest of the shredded cheese.
  • Bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
Eat and Enjoy!!!






4 comments:

Simply Life said...

Thanks for the kind words - your spaghetti pie looks great!

Brian Barden said...

Does the recipe call for ground beef? How much?

Sharon said...

Yes it does Brian, I must have re-read that post 3 times and didn't even relize it. Yes it does 1 lb ground beef.

Unknown said...

This looks like something I'd love to sit down to for dinner! I've only just discovered all the other tasty looking recipes on your blog! Love them all :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails