Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Chicken , with Capers and Cream Sauce



I was wrestling with what to make for dinner the other night , I felt like I was in a rut. The same old thing every week, so I hit the internet and looked for a new chicken dish. I was looking for something quick, elegant, and in the comfort food range. I didn't think that was too much to ask....was it?? I came across this at allrecipes.com a recipe for Chicken Breasts in Caper Cream Sauce.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Breasts-in-Caper-Cream-Sauce/Detail.aspx?prop31=1

It sounded right up my alley I just need to change things up a bit as I am known to do, so here is my version of their recipe.

I do not really care for dill so I omitted that, since I had read a few of the reviews and some people subbed-out tarragon for the dill, and I would have too but I plum forgot to add it to the sauce. I have a tendency to do that....



Chicken and Capers with a Cream Sauce
  • 5 Chicken Breasts, pounded thin
  • 1 8oz. carton of cream
  • 1 sml shallot, diced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • lemon juice to taste
  • 1-2 tsp capers
  • butter
  • olive oil
  • Melt 1 tbsp butter with 1 tsp olive oil
  • Saute shallots until opaque then transfer to a plate
  • Saute chicken in the shallot flavored butter/oil mixture 4-5 minutes each side and they are nicely browned, add a squeeze of lemon juice to taste
  • Add carton of cream and simmer on low for another 5 minutes until chicken is cooked thoroughly, and add capers
  • I finished it off with a swirl of honey to add a touch of sweetness

I served it with a traditional greenbean casserole ( yum) and two kinds of sweet potato. One sweet and one savory. I used a cinnamon chipotle seasoning blend I had for one and brown sugar and maple syrup for the other. All I can say is YUMMY!!!

ENJOY !!!

3 comments:

ann low said...

I love your presentation..is beautiful!

Shosh said...

Thank you!! This was a great addition to our dinner rotation!!
Enjoy!

claire said...

looks amazing! i love anything cream based! :)

cute plates as well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails