The one thing I love about summer most is the grilling... Not only does it get me out of my kitchen but the food is oh so yummy!! We had quite the hot and humid spell in New England at the beginning of the week so there was no way I was slaving over the hot stove or oven. Since we are big fans of grilled shrimp at our house, grilled shrimp was on the menu the other night. I served these with some grilled veggies and Mango salsa. Stayed tuned for those recipes....Talk about a quick and easy meal, and great for leftovers.
Grill or Grill pan
4 Skewers, metal or wooden*****
- 30 Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil, separated
- 1/4 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic,minced
- 3 tbsp honey
- lime juice, from one lime
- 1-2 tsp salt**
- 1-2 tsp pepper**
- 4-5 shakes of hot sauce
- Place shrimp in bowl with the 1 tbsp olive oil, honey,lime juice, salt, onion, garlic, pepper, garlic and stir until well mixed, adding more oil if necessary so that they are nicely coated pop the top on your Tupperware bowl and shake to evenly coat shrimp, then set aside for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile heat grill to medium high heat
- Skewer shrimp, putting 10 shrimp on each one and put on hot grill, grill on each side for 2 minutes until they turn pink
** Adjust to taste...
*** If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes to prevent flare up on the grill.
Eat and Enjoy!!!