Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mango Salsa



You will continue to hear me say this all summer but I love grilling.. and all the things that go along with it!! So to go along with my Grilled Shrimp I made a little Mango Salsa to spice things up. The sweet and spicy of the salsa goes really well with the shrimp. I have to admit that I still find Mangoes intimidating... I have a hard time picking ripe ones but nonetheless I love the flavor, and sweetness they add. This is a very simple dish and very refreshing... Works great with some tortilla chips too!!!

Mango Salsa

Items needed:

Mango slicer if you have one if not a good knife


  • 2 Mangoes, cut in 1/4 inch pieces
  • 1 lime
  • 1/4 red onion, finely diced
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • honey, to taste 
  • salt, to taste
  • pepper, to taste

  • Cut up the mango, if you have never done it before take a look at Elsie's how to over at Simply Recipes. 
  • Mix mangoes and red onion, with the chili powder, salt, pepper and honey. Squeeze the juice of one lime over the mixture and give it a few good stirs.   Give it a good taste and add more of the honey or chili powder to taste. Same with the salt and pepper. Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours then serve with Grilled Shrimp or grilled chicken. YUMMY!!
Eat and Enjoy!!

    2 comments:

    Unknown said...

    I think this is my favorite thing to do with mangoes.

    Simply Life said...

    mango salsa is one of my favorite things ever -this looks great!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails