One of our new years resolutions was to eat healthier, not that we didn't before but you know how it goes.... So tonight was fish but I wasn't sure what to make, instead of doing the usual Baked Cod or Cod in Parchment Paper I decided to make some Fish Tacos. I love the freshness of these, and the flavor combo’s. Of course you can add or sub in what ever condiments you want, we used a Pineapple Salsa and of course some Guacamole. I bake instead of fry the fish to make them healthier, turning this into one of our favorite meals.
Baked Fish Tacos
Cooling rack placed inside baking sheet
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 1 lb or roughly 3 Pieces Cod Loin
- Progresso Lemon Pepper Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- soft taco shells
- shredded lettuce, tomato, optional
- Cut each piece of cod into about 3-4 piece,
- Dip the fish into the eggs than bread each piece with the panko breadcrumbs lightly on each side and place on the cooling rack that has been placed in the baking sheet, don't they look so good....
- Bake the fish 5-6 mins then flip each piece and bake an additional 4 mins
- Warm taco shells in a skillet or microwave, then add the fish and toppings of your choice.
Eat and Enjoy!!