I was once again trying to figure out what to make for dinner, when I did an inventory of what we had. Hmmmmm besides some leftovers that were going to be lunch for work the next day, I had frozen shrimp and two potatoes. So I hit goggle with a shrimp and potatoes search and the first to pop up was the queen of butter Paula Deans recipe for Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes.Now the irony in this is that my hubby finds her quite annoying… her voice really and the laugh... Whenever he comes home and she is one bam channel change, I like some of her recipes but he does have a point who can be that jolly all the time. I was skeptical of the recipe I'll admit it, but than thought why not we eat shrimp and we eat potatoes all the time so why not together. I have to say it was sooooo good, and we were so glad we tried it. It was creamy and delicious and quite a comforting meal. This would also be great served as a surf and turf, you’ll also have your “side" with the potato.
Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes
Items Needed :
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2 large potatoes, washed and dried
- Vegetable oil, for coating
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cups grated cheddar cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- 3/4 cups grated Monterey Jack
- 3/4 cups sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, and chopped
- Coat each potato with vegetable oil, place on foil covered pan, and bake for approximately 1 hour.
- Heat saute pan over medium heat, season shrimp with salt and pepper than saute until browned but not cooked all the way thru, set aside
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and slice in half, gently scoop out the potato and place the potato shells back in the oven to crisp up a bit about 5 mins or so
- Meanwhile in a bowl place the potato with the butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Using a mixer on high, mix the potatoes than fold in the shrimp and both cheeses into the mixture.
- Gently stuff the mixture back into the potato shells, making sure not to break them. Pile the mixture as high as you can on top of the potato shells.
- Sprinkle each potato with cheese and bake in the oven for approximately 20 to 30 minutes until browned on top.
Eat and Enjoy!!!