Sunday football is my favorite day of the week, both me and my hubby have fantasy football teams and are glued to the our TV and computers checking our scores and rooting for our teams. We love to have people over to watch the games and of course eat. I love to make snacks for us to nibble on all day and for some reason I have had a hankering for toasted ravioli, and thought why not… It also happens to be THE food of St Louis, being served at every bar and of course the stadium in St Louis. I think its fun to make dishes from the different teams! Here is my version of Toasted Ravioli....
- 1 package of small Cheese Ravioli, I used Buitoni ( the light version)
- 2-3 cups, seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- Marinara sauce, I used Rao’s
- Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 2 eggs
- peanut oil
- Place 2 cups bread crumbs in a shallow dish and set aside, in a separate shallow dish mix eggs and a few tsp of water to make an egg wash, season with pepper
- Heat about a 1/4 inch of peanut oil to medium high heat
- Dip the ravioli in the egg mixture and then in the bread crumbs making sure to lightly press the bread crumbs to the ravioli
- Than carefully add them to the hot oil in batches about 5-7 at a time so that you don’t over crowd the pan, cook about a minute or two on each side until nicely browned keeping a watchful eye on them
- Meanwhile warm up the marinara in a sauce pan
- Remove ravioli to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with Parmesan ann serve immediately with the warmed marinara
*** Notes: I use skewers to flip the raviolis, they are less cumbersome than a spoon or spatula and do a great job of flipping!
Eat and Enjoy!!!!