One of our favorite comfort meals in our house is Sloppy Joes, and one that my hubby loves to make. So last week he made a big ole batch of it for us. We kicked of Sunday football with Sloppy Joe sandwiches..
But why is this post titled Stuffed Peppers than, because I have already blogged about Sloppy Joes and this is a great way to use up the leftovers. I have said many a time, that I am a big fan of using leftovers to create a different meal.
This one was a big hit in our house, I have made stuffed peppers before, just not this way but with the Sloppy Joes it was fab!!!
Small sauce pot
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 3 Peppers top cut off and deseeded
- Sloppy Joe Mixture
- Spaghetti, broken into 1 inch pieces
- Shredded cheese
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, toss in spaghetti and cook until just under al dente
- Mix the spaghetti with the sloppy joe, and stuff the pepper and place in a shallow baking dish
- Some people boil pepper shell before baking, I do not, I pour water around the pepper in the baking dish about half way up the side of the peppers, this softens them just enough
- Bake for 25 minutes than sprinkle with some cheese and bake until cheese is melted and slightly browned
Eat and Enjoy!!!!
** Took picture before water and cheese.. use your wonderful imagination... ; )