When this rainy fall weather arrives I like to bake, I love the smells of fall cooking and baking to fill the kitchen. I ran across this recipe on Allrecipes and it looked like a must do. So before I started some fall cleaning ( Yuck) I whipped up a batch of Snickerdoodle cookies and stuck them in the oven... What a great way to clean the house with the smell of cookies baking!! I have a confession to make, ever since I was a little girl I thought Snickerdoodle cookies had snickers in them....Probably because someone told me that so they could have more!!
How wrong was I !!!!
Now that I know that they are a cinnamon and sugar delight they will become a staple around our house!!
2 Parchment lined cookie sheets
Hand Mixer ( or your hands and a good stiff spoon if you do not have one)
*****The original recipes makes 48 I halved the recipe to make 24 so If you click on the link to the original just keep that in mind!!
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 1/4 c shortening
- 3/4 c white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 c plus 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Cream together butter, shortening, sugar , the egg and the vanilla
- Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt
- Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls in balls
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and roll the balls in sugar mixture
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes
- Remove from sheet onto a cooling rack
Eat and Enjoy!!!!