The other day I had planned out dinner in advance, which as much as I try to do for the week it never ever works that way. I even remembered to take the chicken out of the freezer the night before to defrost and made it home to marinate it and not have to rush to get dinner on the table. Then I realized I forgot to plan a veggie... I peeked in the fridge and found a handful of green beans and half a zucchini leftover from a previous dinner and decided to throw them together for a nice side dish. It was yummy!!
Sauteed Green Beans and Zucchini
- Green beans, end snipped off
- 1/2 zucchini,sliced half moons
- 3 strips bacon, chopped, optional if you want to make it vegetarian
- soy sauce to taste
- black pepper
- olive oil
- Heat pan to medium heat and cook bacon, set aside and reserve 1 tsp bacon grease, or use olive oil if you want to omit the bacon .
- Heat 1 tsp bacon grease and olive oil if needed, add green beans, saute for 3-4 minutes then add zucchini, saute until just fork tender
- Add pepper and soy sauce to taste
- Crumble bacon on top YUM!!
Eat and Enjoy!!