Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bacon and Smoked Gouda Stuffed Burgers


Looks innocent doesn't it... Once you cut into it and the cheese slowly starts to ooze out its all over, at least for me it is. I am not what you would call a burger lover, but since we got a nice weather reprieve this weekend my hubby took advantage and we grilled. He decided to go for burgers, and when he told me they would be stuffed with cheese, bacon and caramelized onions how could I say no. I've said it before and I will say it again we are bacon lovers here.....It's always better with bacon right!!  I am also a BIG cheese fan, so much so that for Christmakuh a few years ago my hubby got me a subscription to the Cheese of the Month club, and a cheese charm for my charm bracelet. So cute! For these burgers he went with an Applewood Smoked Gouda which we had tried with the Cheese Club. He did not disappoint, they were delicious!! 



Stuffed Burgers

Makes enough for 2 burgers

  • 1 lb ground beef 
  • 2 slices Smoked Gouda cheese 
  • 2 slices bacon, cooked
  • Caramelized Onions 
  • bbq sauce, optional
  • condiments of choice, ketchup, mustard, mayo 

  •  Season meat with some salt and pepper, we also add some BBQ sauce which is optional
  • Separate meat into four squares, you need two for each burger, form each square into a patty (on the thin side because you will use two patties for each burger)
  • Cut each piece of bacon so that it can be put in the center of the patty, then add a layer of cheese. Do this for two of the patties, leaving two patties for the tops
  • Spoon on some of the caramelized onions and place the second patty on top, taking care to seal the edges of the two burgers together
  •  Cook burger to your desired doneness, we grilled ours for about 6 1/2 - 7 minutes on each side.

****** I listed condiments such as ketchup and mustard we did not use any so give it a shot without and add if you must... But I think they are great without them!!!

Eat and Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Penny Pincher said...

Yum! These look great. I like how everything is stuffed in so it isn't as messy when you eat it.

Bo said...

Sounds great...I love a good burger.

Sharon said...

@ Robin ~ It like a perfect little package..
@ Bo nothing like a good burger!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails