I have had a really busy week and was pleasantly surprised when I called my husband on Friday night and he said he had already started dinner. When he told me it was pizza I was even more excited. I love pizza and was craving it all week. He decided to make a half an half pizza, the best of two worlds. Half yummy cheesy goodness and half with bacon and cheese. Come on who doesn't love Bacon? It hit the spot and there was enough for lunch the next day, which was much needed since I was having the family over for my mother in laws birthday dinner. Stay tuned this week for the yummy recipes for the Birthday Dinner.....
Here's my hubbys recipe:
- Pizza Dough, Homemade or like us a can of Pillsbury thin crust
- Tomato Sauce, again Homemade or like us Raos
- Shredded cheese
- Bacon, chopped
- Cook bacon in skillet on medium high heat until nice and browned, with a slotted spoon scoop up the bacon and set aside
- Roll out pizza dough and prick dough with a fork or use the prickly side of a meat mallet ( that's what I did ) it helps it from puffing up and prebake for about 5 minutes
- Spread sauce over dough adding bacon to half of the pizza, then spreading cheese over the entire pie.
- Bake 12- 14 minutes or until bubbly and yummy!!
What are your favorite pizza toppings????