There I was strolling through some blogs and checking out recipes, when I saw a picture on the left side of the blog I was reading and my eyes widened..... I was reading Jamie Cooks It Up! and there it was a recipe for the most delicious looking dessert I have ever seen; at first I thought they were truffles but upon further study, I found out they were Oreo Bon Bon's. They looked so yummy and when I showed them to my husband he immediately said that we needed to make them for his mothers birthday dinner. Jamie made it look so easy to make these, us on the other hand found it a little tougher. My hubby actually helped me make these while I was making some of the main dishes. They came out great and oh so rich!! There wasn't one left by the end of the night.
Oreo Bon Bon's
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese (doesn't need to be softened)
- 1 1/2 bags white chocolate chips
- 1/2 C milk chocolate chips
- 2 tsp shortening
- Smash up the Oreo's; I used a bag from a cereal box, that I save now them thanks to a tip I read in a magazine
- Place Oreo's and cream cheese and mix until well mixed, it should be a sticky dough
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Freeze at least one hour
- In a glass measuring cup melt the white chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring after each turn , when chocolate is almost melted add 1 tsp shortening and stir
- Dip the frozen bon bon's in the white chocolate and stir around with a fork, lift up and let the excess drip off
- Place the bon bon on the parchment paper,they set very quickly because the bon bon's are frozen
- Melt the milk chocolate the same way as the white chocolate was melted...remember only 30 seconds at a time. Add 1/4 t shortening and stir.
- Drizzle the milk chocolate over bon bon's and allow them to set
Eat and Enjoy!!!