Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chicken and Black Bean Burrito





I was feeling like Mexican food, and tacos are my all time favorite Mexican food but I remembered seeing a recipe for Southwestern Chicken Burritos over at Recipe Shoebox. It looked yummy and when I saw that it had BBQ sauce in that's right I said BBQ sauce, I knew it was a recipe for us. My hubby LOVES BBQ sauce, so I took a look around to see what I had on hand since I didn't feel like going to the store..
I had left over chicken and a can of black beans so I was on my way. I bulked it up with some rice and served it up with some salsa and sour cream. 



Chicken and Black Beans Burrito
Items needed:
 Skillet 
  • 2 cups chicken, I shredded mine
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 med onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/3 c BBQ sauce 
  • 1/4 c chicken broth**
  • 2-3 tsp hot sauce
  • Brown rice, cooked
  • Tortillas, Joseph's Low Carb Tortilla
  • Salsa
  • Sour cream
  • Salt and Pepper, to taste
  • Olive oil 



  •  Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat
  • Saute onions 3-4 minutes until translucent add garlic cook 2-3 minutes until soft
  • Add beans and BBQ sauce, then add chicken and heat through add salt and pepper to taste
  • Warm tortillas layer the rice, chicken and serve with condiments of choice

**** I added the chicken broth to the mixture because I felt it was a tad to thick for our taste. So add, don't add... what ever you like.... It will still be yummy!! 

***** Omit the chicken and make it a Veggie Burrito!!


 

What are your favorite Mexican dishes??

7 comments:

Miranda said...

My mouth is watering...

Kathleen said...

Yum! I love the addition of bbq sauce.

Bo said...

I am huge fan of Low carb tortillas...I eat them for lunch most days...so I will try this...and I really love that plate!

Simply Life said...

ah, one of my favorite things to eat - looks great!

Amy said...

I know I said it on Twitter... but, just... YUM.

Karen said...

This sounds good... I like it with the beans in it. Good ol' burritos... you can just about wrap anything up in a tortilla and it will taste good :)

Sharon said...

Yes these tortillas are soooo good, we ate these for days after soo Yummy!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails