Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Simple Scambled Eggs with Green and Yellow Zucchini

I am lucky enough to live in an area with a lot of farmers markets and vegetable stands. My next store neighbor even grows fresh blueberries all summer long, very convenient for me. So on an unexpected day off for both me and the hubby we decided to take a drive and get some fried clams down in Newport, Rhode Island.  Along the way we stopped at one of my favorite vegetable stands in Little Compton, RI that has the freshest and prettiest veggies around. I wish I had some pictures of the fabulous stuff they had on display, heirloom tomatoes of all different colors, red, orange, green, yellow, purple but I didn't bring my camera... *sigh*. 

I did however take a picture of what I brought home... and decided to whip up some scrambled eggs with the zucchini I picked up.


Not much of a recipe but here it goes:

Scrambled Eggs with Zucchini
Serves 2 
Items Needed:

Skillet


  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 green zucchini, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 yellow zucchini, thinly sliced
  • 3 slices American Cheese
  • salt
  • pepper

  • Scramble the eggs and set aside
  • Heat skillet to medium high and add the zucchini, salt and pepper to taste,then saute until slightly browned, add eggs and cheese and scramble away.. told ya not much of a recipe... Cook until preferred doneness

Eat and Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails