Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dinner with my Hubby

Hubby's getting out of work early so I thought I'd make a nice dinner for him..Then I remembered that the whole family is coming over tomorrow for my brother-in-laws birthday so I needed to make something easy yet delicious.. Here's what I came out with...

STEAK TIPS WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS

1 lb steak tips, cubed
1/4 c chili sauce
1/4 c BBQ sauce, your choice I used Sweet Baby Ray's
1/4 soy sauce
1/4 honey
2 cloves garlic, crushed

1/2 c shallots, sliced
1/2 c vidalia onion,sliced
1/2 c red onion,sliced
1/2 orange bell pepper,sliced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1/2 c Chicken Broth
1/2 c red wine, optional
1 1/2 tbs sugar

salt and pepper to taste

Mix first six ingredients together and marinate for 1-24 hrs.
Set oven to broil, LOW to start then switch to HIGH right before you put the steak in. Arrange steak on a broil pan or shallow baking dish if broil pan not available. Cook for 8 minutes then flip steak and cook another 6-8 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a saute pan heat up some olive oil, and put in shallots, cook for 1-2 minutes then add vidalia and red onion, season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4-6 minutes until translucent. Sprinkle mixture with half of sugar, and cook 1-2 minutes then add chicken broth let some evaporate then add red wine and additional sugar. Simmer until reduced slightly.

Serve steak with onion mixture on top, and a baked potato to finish it off.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails