Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stuffed Pork Chops with Cream Sauce

I must start this post with a disclaimer that I did not get to finish cooking this recipe as I burnt my hand... only about the 5th time I have done this. Anyway..... For years my girlfriends and I would get together every Tuesday night at my friend Erica's house for dinner or as we called it "Dinner Night". We would get a few bottles of wine and eat drink and be merry, until our lives got too hectic now we are lucky to get the group together every month or so. Boy do I miss those days. Erica and who ever was out of work early enough that night would cook up some fabulous meals. This was one of those meals, so when I got married I threw it into the rotation and my hubby loves them!!



Stuffed Pork Chops 

Items Needed:
Oven proof Skillet 

Preheat oven 350 degrees

  • 3 Boneless Pork Chops, 1 inch thick
  • Smoked Gruyere Cheese, sliced
  • Bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1/4 c Light Cream
  • Chicken Broth
  • salt 
  • pepper
  • garlic powder
  • olive oil

  •  Make a slice horizontally in the non fat side of the chop
  • Lay one piece of cheese and some bacon then another piece of cheese inside the chop, I do not toothpick it closed it usually stays closed enough for me.
  • Heat olive oil over medium to high heat, sear each chop on both sides 4-6 minutes total then place skillet ( make sure it is oven proof ) Cook in oven for no more than 20 minutes, depending on your oven and the thickness of the chops check after 15 and go from there. 
  • Remove from oven and remove chops to a plate to rest covered with foil. 
  • Now this is where it gets tricky folks.. THE PAN WILL BE SCORCHING HOT!! Be careful!! I usually put a rubber oven mitt over the handle but in this case I forgot and burnt my hand. So return pan to stove top with oven mitt in place, and deglaze the pan with the cream making sure to get all those yummy bits off the bottom and bring to a boil slowly add the broth as much as needed to be the consistency that you want. 
  • Salt and pepper to taste 


    Sorry no pictures of the finished product due to the fried hand.......

    Eat and Enjoy!!! 








    2 comments:

    Penny Pincher said...

    Yum! Stuffed pork chops are one of our favorites.

    Simply Life said...

    wow, what a great looking meal!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails