Monday, August 17, 2009

They like me!! They like me!! Or at least my clams....

Ahh Monday mornings how I dread it! But yesterday was different, I woke up and carried on as usual getting ready for work but had some extra time, so I thought I would check my emails. Once that was done I thought eh, I'll go check out FoodBuzz and see whats going on there, and to my surprise when I checked the Top 9 there was my photo from my Steamed Clams recipe. Wow they like me , the really like me, or at least my clams that is. I am somewhat new to this, not the cooking thing or the baking thing but to the picture thing. In the short time that I starting blogging again, I realized how much a picture speaks to the reader about the dish. I mean lets be honest no ones running into the kitchen to make an ugly one.

After checking out various food photo sites, it seemed quite apparent that a picture truly is worth a thousand words. You are more likely to want to cook something that looks amazing, so you can't just point and shoot, you have to take your time. Now I have what I think is a very nice camera, it served me and my husband very nicely on our three week honeymoon road trip but is it top banana? No way. So since getting a new camera is out of the question I must deal with what I have!!! I guess it worked, since they picked my picture of Steamed Clams.


Now on to the matter at hand....food. I know I promised Part Duex of the Clams,Clams, Clams recipes, but my camera, yes the one I spoke so highly of above is behaving ( battery issues) badly. So I only have pictures of my Chorizo and Peppers Sandwich for now and will have to continue the suspense of the Clams...... Until tomorrow.



Chorizo and Pepper Sandwiches




  • Chorizo links, sliced
  • 3 green peppers, diced
  • 1/2 red onion , diced
  • 1 c red wine
  • 1/2 11 oz. can tomato paste
  • 1/2 15 oz. can tomato sauce
  • Portuguese Rolls


Place all ingredients in slow cooker , and turn on low ( 8 hours ) or high (4 Hours). Remove lid from slow cooker 30 minutes to allow steam to escape and thicken sauce. Serve with Portuguese rolls, or bulky roll.

ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

The same thing happened to me a few days ago...I was surprised to see my picture in the Top 9.

Thanks for signing up as a follower.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails