Tuesday, August 11, 2009

So what do you want for dinner?



I love food, to eat it, read about it, cook it. So naturally I love to talk about it. My husband on the other hand does not feel the need to talk about it like I do . It has become somewhat of an inside joke between us, because we will wake up make coffee still no breakfast and I want to know What do you want for dinner?? My hubby looks at me like I am crazy! Dinner he says, we haven't even discussed breakfast let alone lunch. See breakfast and lunch are usually on the go or at work so dinner is our time to sit and enjoy together. I get to dream up recipes all day based on what we are in the mood for. So really I'm planning ahead, so that I can get all the things I need on my way home. Since he wouldn't give me an answer I decided for us. I had read a recipe on Simply Recipes Blog for Chicken wrapped in Prosciutto and thought it would be perfect with of course my little touches. , simple and delicious Here is the original and then what I made


http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chicken_prosciutto/


Here's what I came up with:

2 thin chicken breasts
1/2 thinly sliced shallots
2 slices prosciutto
2 slices fontina cheese
1/2 c - 1 c white wine
1 stick butter,divided in half
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 c maple syrup

Set oven to Broil

Lightly beat egg, set aside. Wrap chicken with the prosciutto and then dip in egg, make sure to let it drain off or it will be too eggy.

Heat 1/2 butter in pan and saute chicken, cook 3-4 minutes each side, until prosciutto is a little crispy. Transfer to a shallow baking dish. Add slice of fontina and broil until cheese is melted.

In same pan, add wine and deglaze then pan, then add the shallots and cook down for about 4-5 minutes, add remaining butter and cook until incorporated.This is an add in from the original Finish with the maple syrup, to add a nice sweetness to the sauce. My secret ingredient!!

Serve and Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious, I like your finish with maple syrup, yum!

Sharon said...

Thanks I know it sounds weird but I use it a lot, it adds a smokey sweetness instead of just straight sugar.

Simply Life said...

Ha, I completely understand! My husband is starting to grow a bit more passionate about food but I never could get over how he could just "eat a sandwich" and not plan out what to put in it, tell me about it's taste, etc!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails