As I have written before my hubby works most nights and that means I am on my own for dinner. Some times he makes it home at a reasonable hour and I wait others I'm just too hungry so I eat solo. The other night I was really torn wasn't really craving anything until I opened the fridge and saw the leftover roasted chicken from the other night and some cheese....Quesadillas it was!!! I love Mexican food, and this is a quick and easy meal that can be made for one or a whole gaggle of peeps.
Non Stick Skillet
- Chicken, cooked and shredded
- Shredded cheese, I used a Mild Cheddar, you can use what you have
- sour cream
- flour or corn tortillas( 2 tortillas per quesadilla)
- I mix the chicken and the salsa together to keep the chicken moist while cooking, so mix them together and set aside.
- Over medium heat warm up tortilla, one minute, sprinkle cheese, than layer the chicken and some more cheese, remember I LOVE CHEESE!! cook for 2 minutes to let the chicken heat up and cheese melt
- Place the 2nd tortilla over the filling and give a little press with your finger so that the top tortilla grabs onto the cheese for the flip. Cook for another minute or so
- Using a big spatula and being very careful flip the the tortilla over to brown the other side.
- Slice in quarters and serve with more salsa and sour cream for dipping....Yummy !!!
Eat and Enjoy!!!