We love Shrimp at our house, but sometimes I feel like we just go for the same old recipes all the time. So this time I decided to just wing it with things we had on hand and see what I came up with. Oh boy was I glad I did, this dish came out so good!! I can always tell when my hubby is happy because I get the ol' high-five from him when he likes a meal. This meal got two high-fives, so it will definitely be going in the meal rotation. Not only was it quick and easy but it was delicious so enjoy!!
Shrimp in Tomato Cream Sauce
- Shrimp**, peeled and tail off , as many as you want
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 c tomato sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- reserved pasta water**
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil
- Saute shrimp in skillet over medium high heat until pink and just cooked thru
- Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside
- Add 1/4 c of the reserved pasta water and 1/2 the cream cheese to the skillet, stir constantly until the cheese is melted, than add the rest of the cheese, again stirring constantly so it doesn't burn, you can also add some more of the pasta water as needed to thin out the sauce.
- Add 1 tbsp Parmesan and the shrimp to the sauce stir for 1 minute and remove from heat
- Serve with pasta
**** I used about 25 extra large frozen shrimp thawed for this recipe, so that I could I have leftovers of course. I served this with pasta so that's where the pasta water comes in, if you do not serve it with pasta than you can use some water or chicken broth. ****
Eat and Enjoy!!!