I won!! I won!! I won my first blog giveaway from Gina over at Simply Life
A wonderful blog full of fantastic recipes, make sure and check it out.
I won a case of Chobani Yogurt!! I can't wait to receive it, so stay tuned for recipes using the yummy yogurt!!!
My husband and I are big fans of Chinese food, but every time we have it I think I could do this at home for less money and calories. I found a few recipes that I liked but nothing that stood out to me so I decided to do a mish mash of a few recipes with of course my own spin. We decided on Stir-Fry and went with Shrimp for the protein. Throw in some veggies and we are on our way to some homemade take out.
- 18 large shrimp, frozen or fresh
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp hot sauce, I used Franks Red Hot
- 1 med zucchini, sliced matchstick*
- 1/2 med onion, sliced thin*
- 1/2 med pepper, chopped*
- 20 pea pods*
- 1/2 can water chestnuts *
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- peanut oil, for sauteing
- Sweet and Sour Sauce, recipe follows
- Whisk together egg white, cornstarch, vinegar, and hot sauce and marinate shrimp in mixture for 1 hour, remove from refrigerator and discard marinade.
- Add oil to skillet and saute shrimp until slightly browned on each side 2-3 minutes, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add more oil if needed and add zucchini , onion and pepper saute 4-6 minutes until crisp-tender add garlic and pea pods saute another 2 minutes
- Add shrimp, water chestnuts and sweet and sour sauce cook until sauce thickens and veggies are cooked through about 3minutes.
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1/4 c ketchup
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix together , set aside
Eat and Enjoy!!!!