Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chicken Fajitas

For some reason I have been on a spicy kick, and can't get enough of recipes with a little punch to them. So far this past week we have had Quesidillas, Fajitas, and Chili. For right now I will share my fajitas recipe and later this week I'll post the yummy chili I made. When I went to the supermarket to pick up a few items that I needed I noticed that Jospeh's my husband' s favorite brand of Pita bread also made tortillas, made with flax, oat and wheat. I thought we would give them a try and we loved them.  Once again I have no pictures, one camera is lost the other isn't working.... I will have it up and running this weekend and will post with pictures again soon!! Promise...
 

Fajita Seasoning Mix

  • 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
  • 2 Tbsp. chili powder 
  • 1 Tbsp. salt
  • 1 Tbsp. paprika
  • 1-1/2 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin

Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Pour into small glass or plastic container, seal tightly and store in a cool, dry place. Makes the equivalent of 3 packets of commercial or purchased Fajita Seasoning Mix. 


Chicken Fajitas
Items Needed:
Skillet
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced in thin strips
  • 1 green bell pepper, sliced in strips
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 3 Tbsp. Fajita Seasoning Mix
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 1 cup salsa, optional
  • 1/2 cup sour cream, optional
  • 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese, optional
  • 6 flour tortillas

  • Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, add chicken and saute until browned about 5 minutes, remove from heat and set aside. Add onion and pepper and saute until translucent 4-6 minutes
  • Return chicken to skillet and add the fajita seasoning and water and cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. Warm tortillas in microwave or oven
  • Serve with salsa, sour cream or cheese and warmed tortillas.

Eat and Enjoy!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails