We love taco's at out house and I have been craving them all week. So when I remembered that I had some frozen taco meat in the freezer my plan was in full effect!! Then I realized that oopps I had no taco shells, and it dawned on me that I had shredded potatoes in the freezer and that taco casserole it would be.... If I do say so myself it was delicious So here is my version of Taco Casserole. Did I mention it that it is quick and easy..
- 1- 1/2 lbs ground beef, taco flavor, I had some in the freezer if you don't brown beef as you normally would with some taco seasoning.
- 1 can corn
- 3/4 can black beans,strained and rinsed thoroughly
- 1/2 bag shredded potatoes ( I used Ore Ida)
- olive oil
- 1/4- 1/2 c salsa
- Mexican blend shredded cheese
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat and brown shredded potatoes, stir constantly so you don't burn the potatoes, brown for about 4-6 minutes until slightly golden on edges, set aside potato topping
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, corn and black beans and spread into bottom of baking dish, adding a layer of salsa enough to cover meat mixture
- Bake without potato topping for 10 minutes, than add the potato topping and bake in oven for 20 minutes or until edges and top are brown and bubbly add cheese and broil for 2 minutes keeping a watchful eye on it because everyone's oven is different ( I switched on the broiler for a few minutes to get the top nice and brown and bubbly)
- Serve with salsa, sour cream and a dash or two of hot sauce yummy!!!!
Eat and Enjoy!!